WHAT IS A PERSONAL TRAINER (PT)?
An exercise professional who has a sufficient knowledge of theoretical and practical exercise sciences, can program the exercise according to the current situation (possible diseases, fitness level, etc.) and goals of the participant and motivate the participant to his / her goal.
- Take necessary health and safety precautions in exercise and relaxation areas during and after exercise
- Exercise prescription should be shown, explained and thought to the exercise participant
- Healthy lifestyle and fit body should be a role model for the exercise participant
- During the exercise should be next to the exercise participant and make necessary corrections during the exercise
- Evaluate the fitness level of the exercise participant at regular intervals and check the level of development
- Should be able to reconstruct the exercise program if its necessary
- Improves the level of professional experience and knowledge
- Should be able to cooperate with other health and fitness professionals (nutritionist, dietitian, physiotherapist, mentor, etc.) as needed.
- Should be able to motivate the exercise participant towards the predetermined goal
- Make positive communication with the exercise participant and empathize with the various behaviors of the exercise participant.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
Non-communicable diseases (diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal diseases, psychiatric diseases) due to inactivity (sedentary life) are increasing dramatically in our country as well as all over the world. When a person diagnosed with a chronic disease originating from inactivity, physical activity is recommended as well as medical therapy (drug use, etc.). Almost all over the world the “Exercise Medication” approach demonstrates the importance of physical activity in combating chronic diseases. Perhaps walking is the best exercise that people can do on their own. However, given the health-related components of physical fitness (circulatory and respiratory system compliance, body composition, mobility, and bone health), individuals in need of exercise need a professional specializing in physical activity. At this point, the needed exercise professional is the “Personal Trainer”. Medical Exercise and Fitness Trainers Association (MEDFAD) aims to train personal trainers who have the necessary basic theoretical and practical knowledge, empathy, open to professional development, develop positive communication in human relations and comply with professional ethical rules in exercise and sports sciences. For this purpose, the education and training Personal Trainer courses are being structured and given by the trainees specialized in sports and exercise scientist (with the titles of Dr., Assoc. Prof., and Prof.,) and the trainees with field experience (with master trainer and at least Level 3 coaching certificate of Turkish Federation).
APPROACH PLAN OF THE COURSE
ASSESSING THE FITNESS READINESS LEVEL: The evaluation of cardiorespiratory endurance, general strength and mobility level of the exercise participant is the basis of Personal Trainer Trainings organized by MEDFAD.
PROGRAMMING: The Personal Trainer Course organized by MEDFAD; in accordance with the needs of the exercise participant, the health status and fitness level, the preparation of the exercise program to protect / improve the health, the identification and implementation of the exercises, the completion of the deficiencies seen during the exercise practices and the motivation of the person to exercise are structured on the basic subjects. The personal trainer, who is qualified by the MEDFAD, knows that exercise is the best medicine, but the dose (exercise intensity, frequency, duration, type and development) should be well adjusted as in medical treatment.
IMPROVEMENT AND ADAPTATION: The response of the exercise participant to the exercise program should be evaluated periodically by the PT by the nature of the occupation and should be able to make changes to the exercise program if necessary. The students who successfully complete the PT Course are entitled to receive MEDFAD PT certificate.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CERTIFICATE ATTENDANCE:
- University graduates, students, coaches and athletes can participate to the PT Course.
- In order to PT training certificate to be considered to an exam exempt and continuing seminars by “Turkish Body Building Fitness and Arm Wrestling Federation”, the participant must have at least Level 1 coaching certificate by the Federation itself.
NUMBER OF CLASSES AND HOURS OF THE COURSE: PT Course consists of 8 different classes and a total of 40 hours. MEDFAD may make changes in classes’ names and contents by considering factors such as province, university and participant profile where the course is deemed necessary. The course is theoretical, practical and theoretical + application. The classes will start time is 10.00am. Each lecture will take 40 (20 + 20) minutes. The first class after lunch break will start at 13.30. Classes will finish at 17.00pm. The curriculum is explained below.
|Class Code||Class Name||T||P||S|
|PT-101||General Overview of Functional Muscle, Skeletal and Nervous System||6||0||6|
|PT-102||Bioenergetic, Nutrition and Ergogenic Help||6||0||6|
|PT-103||Physical Fitness Assessment||1||1||2|
|PT-104||Resistance Training Theory and Methods||4||2||6|
|PT-105||Cardiovascular System And Control of IT||4||2||6|
|PT-107||Stability and Mobility Training Approaches||4||2||6|
|PT-108||Basic Resistance Training Equipment Use||2||4||6|
|S-001||Final Exam||50 Q’s|
|Total Class Hours||29||11||40|
PT COURSE MATERIALS
- Students will receive the manuals which are prepared by MEDFAD faculty
- Basic Sport Sciences Manual
- Exercise Guide Manual
- Students, who sign-up to the Association via medfad.org.tr , will be able to have an access to the “MEDFAD Coaching Panel” and “Assessment Panel”.
- Students will have an access to the “Turkey Fitness Magazine”
PT COURSE ABSENTEEISM / FINAL EXAM
The participant who is absent more than 20% of the total course hours will fail due to absenteeism from the certificate program. However, if the participant completes the course hours defined for the Personal Trainer Training by participating in the next training (at no additional cost), he / she will be entitled to take the exam at the end of the training. There will be two attendance records one in the morning and other one in the afternoon. For the certification, students must successfully complete the %75 of the final exam. Students, who cannot score %75 of the exam successfully, will not be awarded with a certificate. In order to receive the certificate, students need to take the final exam again and score %75 successfully. Students, who do not pass the make-up exam twice, must repeat the PT Course again. Students, who cannot take the exam due to force majeure, will be admitted to the exam if they provide the document their status.